HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!!!!
How are we all on this lovely March morning?
Here is a quick little post as my gift to you (you're welcome), Chocolate Marshmallow Cupcakes...with the addition of mini eggs to make it Eastery :)
As we're both vegetarians, we can't eat the glorious invention that is Marshmallow. This recipe doesn't use ANY gelling agents, like gelatine or agar agar, but egg whites to make the marshmallow, so give these a go, cos they're The Bee's Knees (see what I did there)!
Love you loads, Jess xxx
1) preheat the oven at 180 C/ Gas 4
2) sift 200g of self raising flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp of bicarbonate of soda, 1/4 tsp salt and set aside.
3) Cream 125g of butter and 50g of dark brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3) add 1tsp of Vanilla Extract and 2 eggs, beating well after each egg. Fold in the flour mix and then add the cocoa mix (cocoa powder mixed with 200g of boiling water (cooled)).
5) spoon your mix into a 12- hole muffin tin (prepared earlier- blue peter moment there)
6) Place in the oven for 18 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean when placed in the centre, leave to cool on a wire rack.
7) Put 200g of caster sugar into a pan with 3tbsp of water. Bring to the boil over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly until dissolved
8) Whisk up 2 egg whites, a pinch of cream of tartar and a pinch of salt, until it forms soft peaks.
9) Pour in the hot sugar syrup slowly while whisking. Only until incorporated.
10) Spoon the warm marshmallow into a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes in a circular motion.
Plate up et Voila :) Enjoy, Happy Easter :) xxxxx