♫ Paolo Nutini- Simple Things ♫
Happy bank holiday to everyone, a barbeque is definitely on the cards today! Here is a little baking post as I felt we hadn't done one in a while- and today being a national holiday is the perfect excuse to get out your apron a make this tasty treat... you will not be disappointed!
Just a small note to say that me and Jess are having our AS exams in the coming weeks, we plan to schedule a few posts in because we really don't want to neglect the blog, so hopefully the blog won't have to be victim to our hetic and stressful exam schedules!!
Loads of love, Paloma
Cherry Bakewell Cake
1) Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
2)Butter and line the bases of 2 x 20cm round sandwich tins with baking paper.
3) Beat together all the cake ingredients with a pinch of salt until smooth,
4)Spoon into the tins and level the tops.
5) Bake for 30 mins or until golden and springy.
6)Let the sponges cool
7) Then, spread with jam and sandwich on top
8)Being the chocoholic that I am, I decided to top my cake with melted chocolate rather than icing, its a great alternative if you are not an icing fanatic
9) Create a small 'piping bag' out of baking paper- basically a cone shape with a tiny bit of sellotape- and drizzle the chocolate according
10) Eat the remaining chocolate
11) Decorate with blanched or flaked almonds
12) Voila!! It makes a fab birthday cake as my little sister would happily tell you!