I apologise in advance for potentially breaking any healthy-eating resolutions once you have read this next post. My two favourite things have to be desserts and a good old cup of coffee, and whichever genius thought up the idea of mixing these two wonderful things together is amazing...Tiramisu has to be the best dessert of all time (calories aside), I made it on New Year's Eve and thought I would share this recipe with you, its from BBC Good Food (never fails me!) and is so so easy to make!
- 568ml pot double cream
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 75ml Marsala
- 5 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 300ml strong coffee , made with 2 tbsp coffee granules and 300ml boiling water
- 175g pack sponge fingers
- 25g chunk dark chocolate (optional)
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
1)Put the cream, mascapone, sugar and alcohol (I chose Tia-Maria) into a bowl,
2) Whisk until fully combined and has the consistency of thickly whipped cream
3) Put the cooled coffee into a shallow dish and dip in a few sponge fingers at a time- don't let them get too soggy (like the one in the photo!)
4) Layer these into the dish until you have used half of them
5) Layer and spread half of the cream mixture on top of the fingers
6) Then repeat the layer again
7) Sprinkle with cocoa powder and chill, or alternatively eat straight away!
It will be gone before you know it!
Enjoy! Lots of love, Paloma xxx