With half term beginning, I fancied doing some baking, something which I haven't had the chance to so far this year! (terrible I know!) I have to admit that the whole experience was painful as I couldn't eat any of them (given up sweet things for lent!) but seeing how much other people enjoyed them made up for it, well almost...
I decided to make yummy jammy biscuits as they are always the first ones I grab out of the biscuit tin so I thought it would be great to try some homemade alternatives, and they didn't disappoint, well so I am told anyways!
140g Caster Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
2tsp Vanilla Extract
300g Plain Flour
6tbsp Rasberry Jam
6tbsp Icing Sugar
1) Mix the butter and sugar together in a bowl
2) Add an egg yolk and vanilla extract
3) Sift in the flour and stir until well combined, mix with your hands
4) Split the dough into two, wrap in clingfilm and put in the fridge for 30 minutes
5) Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, and cut out roughly 28 circles
6) Lay the biscuits onto two lined baking trays
7) Using a 4cm cutter, cut out a circle out of half of the biscuits
8)Bake for 10-12 mins until pale golden, then lift onto a cooling rack.
9) Mix the raspberry jam with the sifted icing sugar.
10) When the biscuits are cool, spoon a little of the jam onto each whole biscuit, then carefully sandwich the other biscuits on top.
Enjoy with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee!
Lot of love, Paloma xxx