Hope the week has started off well! Wow, it is so hot! Just as summer seemed to be deserting us and I was getting ready for some autumn trends, summer is back again- yay! Because I definitely feel that my dresses have not had enough wear this summer!
This is our first ever DIY on the blog, but we are definitely planning to do some more (haha hopeing that my GCSE textiles might come in handy!) and we would love some feedback on it :)
Statement Tees, they never go out of fashion and can be a perfect way to express a mood or favourite band/ lyrics! So we decided to make some of our own, fpr under £5, way chesper that any avaible on the highstreet, and with your own personalised message :)
1) Buy some fabric pens- we recommend these from Tiger- only £2, bargain!
2) Buy a plain top of any colour, Primark is always good, you can grab one for £2-£4
3) To make it easier, put your t-shirt around a tray, so that the material is easy to write on- with no folds
4) Once you have an idea, get drawing! I decided to chose lyrics from Fill my Little World, by my favorite band, The Feeling
5) I did mine freestyle, but you can mark it out using a pencil first
6) Add any finishing touches, Jess's t-shirt with a bee, 'Cos its the Bees Knees' :)
7) Jess's finished T-shirt 'Surf, jam, live in a Van'
Hope you enjoying our first DIY, its a really simple one but effective and really fun to do!! :)
Our finished T-shirts :)
and to finish off.. some of our favourites on the highstreet :)
1) Love London Top- Topshop- £40
2) MTV top- River Island- £20
3) Maccabees Top-The Maccabees store- £18
4) Bellissimo Top- River Island- £25
5) Free T-shirt- Republic- £15
Lots of love, Paloma xxx